Friday, August 23, 2013

Been here a few weeks now

                More bored than a spider monkey in a box with nothing to climb. Moved to Charlottesville VA to go back to school at PVCC. A little back story, I was born in Ponca City Oklahoma but without remembering much the family moved to Chesterfield VA so the rents could better themselves in their careers. I graduated high school in 3 years to allow myself to pursue a dream of hiking the Appalachian trail with my father in 2010 (the 100th anniversary of Scouting) but that was killed for me by my own destruction of not training and having the young male mentality of being unbreakable. Next I tried the army, that didnt pan out for the same reason but separate body part. Moved into the city of Richmond for a few years, worked at a bike shop for a while, then back to cooking for the business I worked for in high school. Quit that job for the current job I hold at Whole Foods, also picked up working and riding 2stroke mopeds. This life was short lived for one with nothing better to do but work and drink, lets just say I am the type of person who cant just have one sip of whiskey. This led to dui that I have to say has been a huge turning point in my life as well as, dare I say it, the thing that might of saved my life.

               So where are we now? I moved to Charlottesville as planned, With nothing but my Douglas race bike, Kink bike co. bmx bike, new Chromebook, and a few of my worldly possessions. I have found many things to pass my time while waiting to start work here such as, riding, finding new music,  exploring the city that is new to me, eating healthier/ a diet that supports how much riding I am and will be doing. Save for one thing, my mental state has never been one that I have been too boastful of. Drinking was easy, helped me sleep, but I found most of all that it stopped that one thing I didnt not value as highly as I should, my relentlessly forever moving brain, yea that thing between my ears that have yet to heed direction or help. Save I've always been a pessimist, always seen the bad in people and situations, but by listening to music that I love and was introduced to by great people I started to pick something out and started to learn from it. I have since this revelation I have adopted a "PMA" mindset. I know basics about the origin, but I do not feel that it is a topic that you must understand where it comes from to be able to master it. Now I do not claim to be nor do I feel I will ever be able to be completely positive, but I have learned that if I have a negative thought I need to stop and think of alternatives. Keeping a positive mental attitude is one of the more difficult things I've forced on myself. So much that I needed a constant reminder on my wall to wake up to every morning, afternoon in some cases unfortunately, and take a deep breath and remind myself of its purpose. 

               It rained today, so I could not train as hard as I wanted to, but I did get a good breakfast of oatmeal with some brown sugar, a clif bar an hour or 2 later, and about to eat dinner consisting of chicken and sweet potato. I got about a 30 minute leg bases exercise in today with squats, lunges, wall sits, calf raises, nothing special just dont like sitting idle all the time watching Moped Army and building an e50 in my head for when i get my license back. This blog is more of a personal thing to get things out of my perpetually moving head, also to keep me from my lifelong habit of biting my nails which I have stopped doing but when something itches now i end up leaving it looking like Freddie Kruegers winning lottery ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment