Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Rain or Shine shit still has to get done.

            Well with my first week back at school coming to an end it is feeling like this semester will not be so bad. Remembering study habits and keeping a good sleep and nutrition schedule are really the only things to worry about. Working at and getting a discount at a grocery store helps with the nutrition, there is really nothing to worry about when it comes to being active seeing as I commute to school on a bike everyday. If you know Charlottesville you know the hill leading up to PVCC, but its getting easier everyday not that it was every too huge of a challenge. I am glad this first week is done with though because the first day in these classes is worse that high school "Please introduce yourself with the name that you prefer to be called and tell the class something about yourself." I think everyone in my classes understands I like bikes now tho...

           Today was the first day I had to commute in the rain here though, was not a downpour or anything when I left around 1 pm but was still wet when i made it to school. The water is not what makes it uncomfortable to ride in the rain, it is the wet roads, the speed daemon in your legs telling you to pedal faster and not stop, and then the voice of reason in the back of your head reminding you to slow down, give yourself room for braking. Of course I wore a white shirt under my rain jacket and didnt remember about the cast off the rear wheel was spraying all over my ass and lower back. I have been able to tell a difference in myself more and more as time goes on since I quit drinking and started working out more. First it was my mind and energy levels, then standing up straight again, now I actually feel stronger and more alert.

         Oh, but I did get caught in a torrential downpour when I got back from class and decided to go for a walk and grab a bite to eat. It was not bad while walking there (only about 8 blocks) but on the way back I got hit by a little heavier rain and then it just started coming down. Really felt like a kid walking in the rain laughing my ass off each time it started raining harder. Just my luck as soon as I get home and change it stops raining haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment