Monday, September 16, 2013

Forgot I had nothing for breakfast

               Woke up this morning later than intended, around 10 am. Went downstairs to make some coffee and to make my normal morning bowl of oatmeal, started my coffee like normal, went to the cabinet and grabbed a bowl but then couldn't find the oatmeal. Oh yea... I'm out of that, well looks like a Clif bar for breakfast kind of day. Kind of made this day drag on more than Mondays already do. 3 classes on Monday starting at 2, another at 5, then the last one at 7 that doesn't end till 10 pm. It never fails though that every Monday on the way to school, while listening to music on my phone commuting on my bike, Manic Monday by the Bangles plays while my android shuffles through the immense variety of music it has to choose from.



               The reason I forgot that I was out of my precious oatmeal was because on Thursday night I made my way back to Richmond for the weekend to take care of a couple things and relax. Got home Thursday and spent some time catching up with my parents, spoiling my dog with scratches, and of course raiding their fridge to make a giant late night snack/2nd dinner. Woke up early Friday morning to get down to the city and walked around till my really good friend got off work, then rode bikes around with him for an hour or two while the sun went down since I did not bring mine back from Cville. That night we had made plans to go to a cookout at my former bosses house, well he was planning on going and after hearing that she was having a cookout I decided that I would pop in and say hello to everyone from work that I had not seen in a few months. I have not laughed that much in a few months and the hospitality was amazing, so was the food but that wouldn't need to be said if you know the couple who was throwing the cookout.

              Saturday morning is what I had been looking forward to since Thursday night. After deciding to retreat to Richmond for the weekend I received a call from my friend (different one than the one listed above) that I used to run a Moped shop with that he was clearing out the shop and I needed to come and get my stuff out of it. Well I had been trying to get my bike and things out of the shop for months now but he just had a little girl and was starting a new job so I gave him a little slack on not being able to let me in the shop. When I say shop, what I mean is a garage he rented from a former neighbor of his that he only had a key to, not the smartest business plan on my part to leave my valuables in a place where I had no access to them. However, I got my things and headed back to my parents house. I spent all day Saturday tearing my 80's Puch Maxi apart, rewiring it, and trying to solve the problems it was having. This is what I love to do though, and mopeds are just beyond fun, but what they say is true. Mopeds Mo-problems.

             Back in Cville now, out of oatmeal, have a few more bits of homework left to complete, but after the amazing weekend I had I am more than happy to be slammed with a little bit of work for a few hours.


Oh one more thing, if you like Turbonegro, the Norwegian Punk band as much as I do and would like to be part of an awesome community of similar people please contact me about the Turbojugend that I have started in Charlottesville. 

No comments:

Post a Comment