Thursday, September 5, 2013

Taking the night off and going to the motorcycle shop.

                   If I cant build a moped at least I can help my roommate put together his motorcycle. Now I say I cant build a new moped, buuuuuuuut that does not mean that I have built enough in my head for ideas. I've got one planned out, not my dream bike but something for next summer. Building one for Cville is going to be a completely different build than for one in Richmond, cant afford to have a weak low end here. I am going to need a strong bottom end and a strong mid to be sure to climb these hills as well as stop and go traffic in the city. I am not too concerned with top speed in this one. Of course I am going to do a Puch, as much as I would like to do a Hobbit or another variated bike I do not know too much about them at the moment and feel more comfortable with Puchs. Seeing as how scooters and mopeds are stolen here quite often due to the mass amount of scooters on UVA campus I want something that is not a step-through so that I have a sold frame to lock up instead of being able to take off the front wheel and bars and slide the bike out of the lock. I am thinking I will get a Free-Spirit frame and put a top tube on it. Don't have a tank idea yet, could be a top tank and run with the fad but Ive got a few original ideas that Ive never seen that I want to do.

                I am the kind of person that can not sit down and not do anything, I need to be wrenching on something or putting a build list together to at least keep me sane and focused. I've finally got time to do this because I made sure to power though a lot of my school work, as well as getting a quiz and a test out of the way. Got a 95 on one and a 100 on math which is amazing because I had to reteach myself algebra, which I was never really good at, In one night when it took me 2 years to learn the stuff originally and 6 years to forget it all.


                                                           
                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment