Saturday, October 5, 2013

Oh Saturday nights, eat the big one

       I'm gonna go on a tangent here about dating for a minute. I don't consider this bitching but just bear with me for this post. Social networking and cell phone I feel have RUINED the ability to date correctly. Especially for young adults who grew up in this technological age where it started with rushing home to fight your brother to get on AOL Instant messenger. You loss all ability to learn how to speak to people in person, the internet gives us this huge false sense of toughness. Not only toughness but this ability to be whoever you want to be and be comfortable talking to people that you have no confidence talking to in person. How many people strike up random conversations with strangers? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Exactly! I went out with a girl tonight who I have been talking to for a little while now, Why is "talking to" a step in the dating ladder now? whatever, we are not dating, we text and have a few things in common. Every time I have hung out with this girl I do ALL of the talking. I walked her to her car afterwards because she parked near Lee Park and I didn't want her walking back by herself. When did walking a girl to her car become more than chivalrous? Ill answer that myself, Because these douche bag DUDES expect that they should get a kiss for just making sure that they are safe in a sort of sketchy block. ( btw, I feel that dude is an insult, what are we retards and cant remember other men's names? When your'e trying to get another mans attention why would you ever run after them screaming "dude?" Is sir so hard to say? do we have no respect anymore?) Back to where I was, I walk home because I didn't want to make this more awkward than it already was by letting her take me home. When I get home though I check my phone and She had text me already, basically asking me why I didn't kiss her when I walked her to her car. My question is though, don't you think I would of if I thought it was the appropriate time?

       I'm going to say this even though my parents and my grandpa read this. Before I quit drinking it was so much easier to pick up girls just like every other guy at the bar. Bourbon makes me louder, more social, and more outgoing. True, these girls probably were not up to my standards sober and vice versa maybe. Also I have Drastically reduced my chances of meeting girls at bars to zero when I have eliminated bars from my most frequented stops on the way home from work. Screw that though! Why would I want to even entertain someone who believes that spending most of a days work at a sticky bar where you have to throw a few bows just to get a beer and a shot.

       I have been single for 3 years come March. I've dated a few girls, nothing longer than a month or 2 in that lapse of time but all the younger girls were ridiculously immature and clingy and all the older ones were even more clingy once they developed feelings. Iv'e been that guy that has pushed too hard before but Iv'e never seen something quite as bad as the last few women I dated.  I have only a few select hours of free time that I allow myself to leave unscheduled every week. Between 30-34 hours of work a week, about 45 hours a week for school work, about 12 hours riding bikes, 56 hours sleeping, I don't have time for the bullshit that comes with dating, I just want to be able to have an intellectual conversation with a female human being that I find attractive. I don't want to baby sit you while your'e drunk or blitzed out of your mind. I don't even want to be around you if you are high, I'm cool if you use drugs, do what you want. I don't judge too hard but nothing is more unattractive than a female with no worldly experience and even less one that has no opinions of their own. Have an Opinion! I don't care if it doesn't agree with what I believe in but it gives us something worth a shit to talk about other than the coffee in front of us, school, or work. The last thing I want to talk about is school and work. I work my ass of while i'm at work, and I study my ass off when I am at my desk. Give me a Break! Give me something to look forward to, make me want to be around you for another reason than a physical attraction, because if whats between your legs is all you have to offer I don't want be in your company. Prove to me that there is something between your ears that has a shred of debate and argument in there.

      I'm done now. Sorry if that was worthless to read but I had to get some thoughts out and voice my opinion on some blights of our society.

      Funny story real fast though. So I started work a week ago, Finally! Well I met all of my co-workers except for one. I met her on Thursday though, She seemed quiet and nice at first. I always give people the benefit of the doubt and learn something about them before I decide if I like them as a person or not. Alright well I'm helping customers and slinging fish like a champ (oh I moved to Seafood fyi) and when it dies down a little bit it comes up that I don't drink. First thing to come out of this girls mouth is "How can you have that many tattoos and not drink?" Jaw dropped, I walk away. Later she asks me "So if you don't drink and don't do drugs what do you do for fun?."  I'm flabbergasted at this point, Then I learn she has a kid! I'm not judging young parents or anything like that but put the jigsaw together here... has a kid + does not know how to have a good time without being one or multiple of drunk, high, blitzed, rolling, tripping, spun, cranked, shitfaced, or shithammered = What are this girls Parenting skills like???

      Now I'm done, hope I got some opinions flowing in your head and stirred up some feelings ( anger, laughter, understanding) or gave you a reason to comment and bitch me out.

    Keep that PMA


No comments:

Post a Comment