Thursday, September 26, 2013

Bomb treat at school, Weird dreams, Phones, and More Assholes in Cars

           Normally, if I had a choice I would prefer not to dream. I find them to be uncontrolled and annoying but last night was different, I didn't have a 'happy' dream it was just odd enough to question what was really going on in my head. I understand you can not dream of anyone you have never seen before so these people must of passed me by at some point but they seemed to be my friends. They all seemed to be a bunch of recent college graduate yuppies that had become extremely fond of having my friend and I around, one girl in particular. The friend that was with me was a friend of mine from Richmond who is a tattoo artist, the image of him I kept getting was him answering this phone in a hotel hallways and trying to inform the person on the other line that the hotel did not have a lobby, as soon as he says this the man on the other line says "oh really?"Then the fire alarm goes off in the building and I realize that it is my actual alarm clock. The farthest back I can remember of events in this dream are at a wedding for a couple that is friends with all the recently new friends I have. I was not friends with any of them yet, but that friendship is about to spark right after the wedding pictures are being taken and the couple getting married are complete assholes. As I am walking away from that in the dark there are people all around me and I just say randomly "wow this is why I hope I'm sterile," she laughs and agrees. I do not intend to analyze this dream and find out what it means I just thought it was more strange and vivid than usual.

          Phone broke this weekend, just the touch screen though, I can still see whats on it and that I have messages and calls but I can not do anything about it. Since I haven't been working for over 2 months now I don't have the Bones to go buy a new smart phone unless my old roommate sends me the money he owes me. He isn't the most advanced specimen of the human race so asking him to use paypal to send me my money if like asking a 4 year old the volume of a sphere. However I am going to start working this week, FINALLY, all weekend. Just to know there is money on the way is satisfying enough, even thought I should probably put in my paid time off just for a security blanket, oh, and for all the shit I have to pay for. My life is like a small sail boat, when things are going well and the wind is in my sail everything is great but recently it seems like iv'e been sprouting holes in my hull and money is the only thing that will plug it. Well I am out of money, have been for a minute now, and I am going insane because of it. Iv'e been working full time and supporting myself for a while now and now agreed to go back to school and drop down to part time to accommodate the time I will need for class and studying. I guess I am just not used to being this broke.

          Enough whiny college student bullshit, weather has been great for riding lately. Went to class this morning and took my final for a math class that had to of been the easiest test Iv'e taken and no where close to as hard as the homework. Rode the bmx bike out there without my backpack so that I could go through town and have some fun afterwords on campus and check out the locations of the local tattoo shops. Ever since I was hit by the car this time I have been extremely paranoid of the Coffin drivers and how poorly they pay attention to what is around them. I have been hit by cars before in various ways and never had this sense of mistrust towards fellow human beings, but when they're driving 2 ton anvils I guess I should always mistrust their judgement and sense of awareness. This town is a hugely bike friendly place in certain areas, others are a deathtrap of speeding cars and ineffective individuals paying more close attention to their phone than to the unprotected, fully exposed living thing on 2 wheels less that 2 feet from their passenger door. Which if you did not know the law in VA for passing a bicycle is 2 feet which is extremely uncomfortable if you have ever had a car fly past you at 55 while you're sweating through your shirt climbing up a hill. Recently I have been able to reach out and touch some of the cars that have been passing me, which is way too close, even though I have a 6'7" arm span.

Carytown Bikes in Richmond made this,
I think it is a great idea to remind people that the person on that bike have a family an people who care about them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment