Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Time to rise and grind

Got another math class done this morning, these remedial classes feel more like a refresher course because i haven't taken a math class in 6 years. Anyways i passed it, i couldn't figure out a word problem until i was done and went back to it, but i don't think i figured any of them out algebraically, just kind of in my head and common sense. Now I'm sitting outside on this fairly brisk autumn morning realizing that in my rush to get out of the house this morning that I forgot my art supplies. Which isn't a huge deal but always have this voice in my head that says "you want me to carry what on my back all the way up that hill?!"
Since my last post I've been hearing a lot about impressing people especially at work because we were supposed to have regional come in and look at the store but also just in life in general it has come up a lot or maybe just in my head. Either way it has given me some time to think about why we think we need to act different to impress certain people..I don't think I ever have to work to impress someone because if you're going out of your to do it than they are not really meeting you or seeing what you are capable of on an everyday basis. I would rather someone be impressed with the work I do everyday which is usually above and beyond expectations. It all kind of falls back to bring honest, I would much rather someone be upset with me because I was honest than hurt because I lied to improve my image. I'm a business major and have worked enough jobs to know that you have to bend truths a little when it come to select things. Most people just think you're an ass for being honest about everything but that leads into self image and how people see you. Yes sometimes you need to fake a few things to better your position and move up at a job but even then they are not seeing the real you. Let me take this full circle and revert back to PMA, stay true, be honest with yourself and others, and be a grown up. If you need up, well fess up, and guess what? It's something you can learn from.
Sorry for preaching, no you know what, in not sorry. Be the grown ass man/woman that you claim to be and tell the god damn truth. In the end people talking about you might say " oh yes I know them, they can be rude but at least they are brutally honest."
Week recap.
I didn't ride a lot this week, not because of the cold, but because my back has been really tight. Rode to school today and it feels a little better so I'm thinking I need to stretch properly after riding. Went on a decently long hike last Wednesday when class was canceled. We did the rip rap loop but started from the south end so that we hit the view point a little over halfway so we could have something to look at while eating. In all its was a great hike and we had a lot of fun, got the 10 mile loop done in under 3 hours. Made French onion soup for the first time the night before that, it came out great but I was more surprised that I hadn't made it before in all my years cooking. Tonight I'm going to the northface talk at the Jefferson theater, it is a climber talking so it should be a good one! Hopefully. I'm going to feel bad if I drag Celina to this thing and it's boring and sucks. Hope she's okay with me putting her name in this.
Have a good Tuesday! Sun keeps peeking through the clouds here in Charlottesville but it is still a great day to get out and do something.
Stay Prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment